10 Do’s and Don’ts if You Have a Rotator Cuff Tear
Ask anyone who has suffered a rotator cuff injury what it’s like. They will tell you that it is one of the most annoying, stubborn and painful injuries to have. The worst part is that as the day goes on, your shoulder pain increases significantly and is worst when you go to bed.
The majority of shoulder problems are usually caused by some sort of rotator cuff imbalance, impingement or tear. If you have a complete tear in any one of your four rotator cuff muscles, then I’m sorry to say you will need surgery to repair it.
But what if you “suspect” or have been diagnosed with a rotator cuff injury? What should you do? Where should you start?
Here is a list of 10 do’s and don’ts when it comes to your rotator cuff tear:
- Do have your shoulder professionally diagnosed by your Doctor. Only a Medical Doctor can for sure say that you are suffering from torn rotator cuff or perhaps some other shoulder disability.
- Do seek treatment ASAP. Reason being is that rotator cuff injuries usually get worse if left untreated.
- Do apply ice when you first experience shoulder pain, discomfort, stiffness or a decrease in your shoulder’s normal range of motion.
- Do seek out stretches you can do at home to help improve your range of motion and flexibility.
- Do learn as much as you can about your rotator cuff injury and seek out the root cause of your injury.
- Don’t delay and wait for your shoulder pain to get so bad that you have to take time off work or you can’t put on your jacket without help.
- Don’t wear a shoulder brace or wrap. This will actually make your rotator cuff injury worse! Totally immobilization of your injured shoulder only promotes stiffness and decreases healthy blood flow.
- Don’t get cortisone injections or shots. Even though you may experience a little pain in relief in the short term, over the long term they do not work!
- Don’t fall into the trap of washing down anti-inflammatory pills every 2-4 hours for shoulder pain relief. Doing so only masks your pain and does nothing to get to the root cause of your injury.
- Don’t purchase any medical gadgets or devices. There is no “magical pill” that you can take, you need a proven treatment plan and strategy, and the sooner the better!
What you need is a proven treatment system such as the Rotator Cuff Recovery Kit to help strengthen your damaged rotator cuff muscles.
The best way to recover from any sort of repetitive strain injury is through stretching, exercising and strengthening. But what many people think is that they have to spend a small fortune or take time out of their busy schedule to go to physical therapy or Doctor appointments.
This is absolutely false! All you really need are 4 simple steps that you can do from the comfort of your own living room, watching your favorite TV Show!
If you are serious about getting repairing your rotator cuff so you can get back to all your favorite activities again, click on the button below to learn 4 steps you can do right now at home.